I tried to refrain from making these muffins but I couldn’t hold back any longer. Dorothy posted them a couple weeks ago and I held out this long, so really, I did pretty good.
I intended on following directions and making them with Cadbury Mini Eggs, since I love them, but once I got to Target and saw all the spring colored M&M’s, I changed my mind. I used both regular M&M’s and peanut butter filled ones. That was a good decision.
These come together all in one bowl, just using a wooden spoon, which is nice. Using a wooden spoon makes me feel official. Like I’m a real baker. It’s always been my favorite spoon. Is that weird? Whatev.
Have a beautiful Easter weekend!
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (I used Fage)
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup + 1 Tablespoon milk (I used 2%)
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup M&M’s
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped Peanut Butter M&M’s, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pans with cupcake wrappers (mine made 17 muffins).
- In a large bowl, add the oil, yogurt, and peanut butter and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the white and brown sugars.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and baking powder and stir until combined.
- Add half the flour and half the milk and stir until just combined.
- Add the rest of the flour and milk and stir until the batter just comes together. It will be thick.
- Stir in the M&M’s and chopped peanut butter M&M’s (or your mix-ins of choice).
- Scoop the batter into the liners, about ¾ of the way full. I used a cookie scoop which worked great because the batter is so thick.
- Press 1-2 M&M’s into the tops of the muffins then bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center (but not into an M&M!) comes out clean.
- Let cool & enjoy!
Slightly tweaked from Crazy for Crust