Easy Berry Cheesecake Fluff (sometimes called “fluff salad”) is loaded with cream cheese, homemade whipped cream, fresh berries, and chunks of angel food cake. It is full of cheesecake flavor, takes only minutes to prepare, and is a hit at any party!
Berry Cheesecake Salad Recipe
I’ve seen a lot of fluff recipes floating around the internet (namely Facebook) as of late but I can fairly confidently say this is the best cheesecake fluff you’re going to try.
This version uses heavy cream to make a homemade whipped cream instead.
I wanted a light dessert, full of fresh berries, that you can throw together in a matter of minutes, and I nailed it with this one. It is the perfect sweet side dish for your next BBQ or gathering.
Why you’ll love this Berry Cheesecake Fluff
- Delicious Dessert – So easy and perfect for your next potluck.
- Perfect for patriotic holidays – Because of the red, white, and blue appearance of the fluff (from the cream cheese and fresh berries), it is perfect for Memorial Day or Fourth of July.
- Perfect Summer Salad – Though it’s good all year, this simple recipe is a great way to use up the freshest berries during their peak season.
- Easy Recipe – You only need 10 minutes and six simple ingredients to make this no bake cheesecake fluff happen.
Equipment you’ll need
Ingredients for Creamy Cheesecake Fluff
Below is a list of the ingredients you’ll need to gather to make this recipe. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card.
- CREAM CHEESE – One brick of cream cheese at room temperature.
- POWDERED SUGAR – Sometimes called icing sugar or confectioners sugar. Same thing.
- HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM – Sometimes just called heavy cream – they’re essentially the same thing, it’s milk with a very high fat content.
- FRESH FRUIT – Fresh strawberries and blueberries shown here but you can mix it up. You’ll need 6 cups sliced strawberries and 2 cups fresh blueberries.
- CAKE – Cubed angel food cake or pound cake. You can buy those premade, whip up a box mix, or make homemade. My 7Up Pound Cake would be excellent in this (just skip the glaze), or try this easy angel food cake from scratch.
How to make this Berry Cheesecake Fluff Recipe
- STEP ONE: To a large bowl, use a hand mixer to mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- STEP TWO: Next, add the heavy cream and continue mixing with the hand mixer until light & fluffy (it will likely take a few minutes).
- STEP THREE: Gently fold in the berries & cubed cake.
- STEP FOUR: Garnish with additional berries and preferably let it chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving (it helps the flavors come together!).
⭐ For an extra festive pop, take a slice of the cake and use a mini star cutter to cut out little cake stars to decorate with.
What to serve with Berry Cheesecake Fluff
Tips & Suggestions
- You can use any mix of your favorite fresh, juicy berries (raspberries, blackberries, etc.)
- Mint would make a lovely garnish.
- As an alternative serving idea, you can skip adding the cake to the fluff and just spoon the creamy cheesecake mixture over slices of cake as a topping.
- Adding mini chocolate chips would be an excellent addition.
How to store leftover cheesecake fluff
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can I freeze it?
I don’t think so. I imagine you’ll end up with a mushy mess when it thaws. Luckily, it’s easy enough to whip up on demand.
How many does it serve?
It will serve about 10, pretty generously.
How do I eat cheesecake fluff?
With a spoon 🙂 Just dive right in. You can also use it as a dip of sorts with nilla wafers or graham crackers but because this one has cake chunks in it, it’s spoon-worthy.
Alternatively, you could skip adding the chunked cake to the fluff and instead, serve the fluff as a topping to a slice of angel food cake.
How do you make low carb fluff?
You would have to switch out the powdered sugar for a sugar-free powdered sweetener. You’d also have to switch out the cake. Low carb isn’t my thing but I’m sure it can be done.
Need more cheesecake recipes? Try these:
Click here for my entire collection of dessert recipes.
Connect with Persnickety Plates!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Berry Cheesecake Fluff
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups premade angel food or pound cake cubed, plus a few slices for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer whip together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Next, add the heavy cream and mix with the hand mixer until the mixture becomes fluffy and light.
- Gently fold in your strawberries, blueberries, and cubed cake.
- Garnish with a few extra strawberries and blueberries.
- Chill 30 minutes in the fridge before serving.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- For an extra patriotic addition, use a mini star cookie cutter to cut out star pieces of cake for garnish.
- You can use any mix of your favorite fresh berries.
- Mint would also make a lovely garnish.
- As an alternative to mixing the angel food cake into the fluff, you can instead spoon the mixture over slices of angel food or pound cake.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.