This easy Strawberry Brownie Delight is a fantastic layered dessert with fudgy brownie, whipped topping, slices of juicy, fresh strawberries, all drizzled with chocolate. Delightful, indeed!
Strawberry Brownie Delight
If you’re into chocolate covered strawberries, and brownies, and cool, creamy desserts, you’re going to love putting them all together into this Strawberry Brownie Delight.
A layer of homemade brownie topped with fluffy whipped cream, sliced strawberries, crunchy peanuts, and drizzled with chocolate. So dreamy!
Do you remember using magic shell as a kid? It was pretty magical. It upgraded regular ice cream to super fancy by hardening in the blink of an eye. Now that I’m an adult, I know that magic shell can be replicated at home with just chocolate chips and coconut oil, but let’s not spoil the fun.
In this recipe, we use it over top of the whipped topping with the strawberries and it encases it into the perfect chocolate, creamy, fruity bite with every spoonful.
I think the best thing about this dessert is you can make it entirely from scratch (brownies, whipped cream, chocolate sauce) or take some shortcuts and use a boxed brownie mix, Cool Whip, and store bought Magic Shell. Pick whichever route you’re in the mood for.
Why You’ll Love This Strawberry Brownie Delight
- Chocolate Lovers Dream. The strawberries are sandwiched between brownies and chocolate topping creating a very chocolate covered strawberry effect.
- Lucious Whipped Topping. Use your favorite homemade whipped cream or Cool Whip to bring a nice creamy layer to this delightful dessert.
- Easy. The hardest part is waiting for it to chill in the fridge.
- Party and Potluck Perfect. This is an easy dessert to bring to serve with family and friends. Everyone will love it and it travels well.
Equipment you’ll need
- Mixing Bowls – I love this set with the grippy bottoms.
- Spatulas – I use these for everything! They’re great for brownie batter.
- Strawberry Huller – Not entirely necessary, but makes cleaning up the strawberries easier.
- 9×13 Pan – I like this one with the lid for easy storage/transport.
Ingredients for Strawberry Brownie Delight
Below is a list of the ingredients you’ll need to gather to make this recipe. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card.
- BROWNIE BASE – You have two options here. You can use a box mix (you’ll need the ingredients called for on the box) OR you can use my “better than box mix” easy, from-scratch brownies for the base. In that case, you’ll need butter, sugar, eggs, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, vanilla, flour, and chocolate chips. I recommend the latter 😉
- STRAWBERRIES – A pint (or so) of fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled, and sliced. Let your heart guide you, you may want more strawberries.
- WHIPPED TOPPING – Either make homemade whipped cream or pick up an 8 ounce tub of Cool Whip.
- PEANUTS – If you want to go for a sundae effect, peanuts add a nice salty crunch.
- MAGIC SHELL – Homemade magic shell is actually just melted chocolate (chips or bar) mixed with some coconut oil. I make it often without ever calling it magic shell lol full instructions here if you want to make your own, or you can pick up a bottle of it from the market.
How to Make Strawberry Brownie Delight
STEP ONE: Make the brownies per the box instructions, or per whichever recipe you’re using. Remember, I recommend this one. Let them cool to room temperature.
STEP TWO: Prep the strawberries. Wash, hull, and slice the strawberries. I like to pat them dry with paper towel as well.
STEP THREE: Prep the whipped topping. Either make homemade whipped cream or have the Cool Whip thawed and ready to go.
STEP FOUR: Assemble. Spread a layer of whipped topping over the cooled brownies. Sprinkle on peanuts (if you’re using them), place the strawberries on top, and drizzle chocolate over the entire thing.
STEP FIVE: Chill. Once it is fully assembled, move the brownie delight to the fridge to chill for at least two hours. Once chilled, slice and enjoy!
What to Serve with Strawberry Brownie Trifle
- You could layer the ingredients in a beautiful trifle glass to make a fruit and brownie trifle.
- You can make this entire thing from scratch or go semi-homemade with brownie mix and Cool Whip – totally up to you!
- Swap out the strawberries for other fruit choices like raspberries or blackberries.
- Trade out the magic shell for hot fudge or chocolate sauce.
How to store leftovers
This dessert recipe is best enjoyed when freshly made. If stored in an airtight container, it can last up to 3 days. Be careful as the whipped topping could and fresh strawberries could change the texture of your brownies and even magic shell after a while.
How can you tell if the strawberries are ripe and sweet?
When picking out your strawberries at the grocery store or farmer’s market, look for bright red strawberries.
If they have any white, pink or even green on them (other than the leafy top), they weren’t picked at their prime ripe point and won’t be as sweet.
Can I use frozen strawberries?
Fresh strawberries really make this brownie delight recipe come to life. If needed and really in a pinch, you could use frozen strawberries.
Dry them thoroughly before using them so the excess water that could have from being frozen will not mess up the consistency of your whipped topping.
Can I turn it into a trifle?
Definitely! If you don’t want to make the 9×13 pan, you can take all the components and layer them into a trifle.
Need more brownie dessert recipes? Try these:
If you love desserts with fresh strawberries, try a Strawberry Summer Pie or Strawberry Shortcake Cake. If homemade chocolate desserts are more up your alley, try these chewy Double Chocolate Cookies .
Click here for my entire collection of dessert recipes.
Connect with Persnickety Plates!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Strawberry Brownie Delight
For the Brownie Layer
For the Toppings
- 8 ounces Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream
- 1 pint strawberries hulled and sliced
- ½ cup peanuts optional
- 7.25 ounces Magic Shell chocolate sauce or homemade
To make the brownies
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a small pot, melt butter over medium low heat. Once completely melted, add in the sugar and stir together. Continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, stirring continually. Do not let it boil.
- Pour the butter/sugar mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add in cocoa powder and mix to combine.
- Add in eggs, salt, baking powder and vanilla. Use a hand mixer to beat until fully incorporated.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in flour until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips to evenly distribute.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- While the brownies are cooling, wash and cut the strawberries in halves or quarters.
- Once cooled, spread the whipped topping evenly over the brownies.
- Sprinkle peanuts on top, if desired.
- Place the strawberries on top of the peanut layer.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the entire thing.
- Cover and move to the fridge to chill for at least two hours.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Brownie mix may be used in place of homemade, look for a “family size”/18 oz+ mix and bake according to directions on the box.
- Homemade whipped cream may be used in place of Cool Whip.
- For best results, use fresh strawberries.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.