I was on a roll last week with 4 posts. This week not so much. I cooked, but when I don’t use recipes, sometimes I’m too lazy to write down exactly what I do & blog it. I guess I should though, that’s how recipes get made. I’ve still been eating semi-healthy & went to the gym 3 times last week and 3 times this week. So far so good for May.
This recipe was quick, very good, and even better warmed up for lunch the next day. I didn’t have any mozzarella cheese on hand but I had 3 bags of Mexican blend. Not sure how that happened. Next time I’ll use mozzarella, I’m sure that tastes even more lasagna like.
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 12 oz package bow tie noodles (or any other kind of noodle), uncooked
- 1 26 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
- extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tb Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup shredded cheese mozzarella or a blend - whatever you have on hand
- ½ cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and add the minced garlic.
- Add the ground sirloin, season with salt, pepper, steak seasoning and onion powder & brown.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions.
- After noodles are cooked, drain and drizzle with olive oil. Mix in your spaghetti sauce.
- Add your browned sirloin, cheese, and sour cream.
- Stir it together and allow it all to combine and melt together, over low heat, for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- I served with a lemon & oil salad.
Adapted from Tasty Kitchen
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0% | Vitamin C: 0% | Calcium: 0% | Iron: 0%